Friday, December 18, 2009

Ismailis in the News - Bilal Rajan carries Olympic Torch

December 18, 2009


 
Last night, I carried the Olympic flame through the streets of Toronto!  My journey started at Sick Kids Hospital with thousands of onlookers and media.  It was a bit chilly, but the incredible Olympic spirit kept everyone warm and in a celebratory mood.  It was so great to share the moment with my parents and friends who were present. 

I can’t begin to tell you how much of an honour this really was.  I am one of more then 12,000 torchbearers who are carrying the flame throughout our great country.  The Olympics has such an important message of international peace, unity and friendship, and I think the spirit of these games will inspire people of all backgrounds to work together in creating a better world. 

Thanks again for all your support.  Talk to you soon!


Warm Regards,

Bilaal Rajan
“Together We Can Make A Difference”
http://blog.makingchangenow.com/

No comments: